...

17.7.12

I guess it's true you join the dots

So I wrote on science and religion and got myself a 39/50. Not a big deal to many out there, but I'm pleased for a number of reasons, one being that I finally broke the 38 barrier (believe it or not, majority of my essays have the exact score 38/50).

I begin to wonder if writing novels is invisibly training me for Literature and GP, because I don't remember being anywhere near decent in Lit or English at the Sec 2 level. Maybe. Writing Umbrella for example has forced me to contemplate current affairs, media and politics, topics I found too dry to trouble me in the past.

It might also be the sudden glut of slightly-political novels that has attacked my reading list as of late (if late be three years). I never would have touched those before. But then fantasy and the YA style helped make the vast topic palatable--even delectable. Particularly Flora Trilogy set me on that path.

Am I crediting young adult fantasy for elevating my scores from bare near-passes to pleasing numbers? It's strange, but I think it's the only thing I can attribute the trend to at present!