...

16.2.11

regretting isn't enough, is it?

So comes the payoff. I should have known slacking off on the last year of secondary education would have its detriments.

Well, here I am, stuck in what I have discovered is a 'help' class, in which all the low-scorers with sub-3.2 GPAs are gathered for special tutoring.

I could go on about how RI is unfairly expecting us all to keep their averages high (it's not my fault I managed to get into your school despite my low scores!), and I could go on, also, about how silly gathering all the 'weak' students in the same class for two years of life is. I mean, some of us (e.g. ME) are here because of a once-off slip-up. Okay, a one-year slip-up. Putting me here just MIGHT convince me that I'm as lousy as my scores make me look. Is that a good thing? No.

But I won't. I have no one to blame but myself. I am finally, finally ashamed at not trying half as hard as my parents and teachers hoped I would. And I only have I myself to depend on now, to extract myself from this mire of labels and ghettos and mistakes.

(At least I did something good with the time I 'wasted'. Not everyone would have made people cry with words by 16 years of age. And I hope that, if anything, will ward the bursting guilt off.)