...

14.2.11

classes

Urgh.

I think I've made a very clear point about hating tall, noisy, manly, sweaty, sporty males. Guess what? My class is full of them. And guess what? Even the GIRLS in my class are like that.

Excuse me for this, but I can't believe I'm here. I just can't. This...this is like my Chinese class from last year...x10. I thought my Chinese class was the worst imaginable. I thought I'd never have to see that sort of disorder for the rest of my life. I was wrong. What I was seeing there was just a snippet of the real horror.

It has to do with nothing but my Chinese. My taking Chinese in JC. The only reason anyone would be here, taking Chinese, is their ineptitude at the aforementioned subject. And blame me for stereotyping, but most people are so (bad at Chinese) because they either aren't the brightest, or can't be bothered to study due to attitude.

Fine. It sounds like me. Maybe this is where I'm supposed to be. Maybe I've always been classified, unfairly, a standard above what I really am. Put into high-level classes full of the true future leaders and pioneers of Singapore. People with enough vision to consider ambition over present gratification. I've grown accustomed to quiet, studious, obedient people being all around me. I even noticed the way I thought of myself as out of place, for being rowdier, more reckless, more disrespectful.

Now I'm back where I belong. And well, I just can't bear it. I've forgotten life among people who will put aside future for now. Speak before thinking. Party. I can't bear it. This class...is just nightmarish. Hellish. I shouldn't have let myself absorb the silence, but I did, and now I'm having trouble reverting.

The worst words I heard today were 'two years'. Them, for TWO BLOODY YEARS. Oh my god.

If anyone from my class reads this, this is meant with no offence at all. I'm just saying that there are some environments I absolutely abhor, and while this attitude is common, acceptable socially and normal, I find it almost impossible to put up with. I'm sorry for being different, alright, so I hope you'll excuse me for going on avoidance flight.