...

19.2.11

paper cones and colliding galaxies

I'm sleepy, so this will be a short one.

My first session at Astronomy Club today was amazing. I'm hooked. I've been brainwashed. I wanna join.

Lectures on something I've only encountered briefly before. A birthday celebration with fifteen cups too few. Dinner with a group of people I don't know at all (save one/two).

Symmetry. Space. The unreachable.

Oh, I'm sure that's not what they hoped I would enjoy about today, but that's what I enjoyed all the same. I even took notes. And I gained more resolve to push forward with my studies. Simply seeing the things that scholarly insight can bring to light. I want to be at the frontier.

I need to thank the person who suggested my joining (though 'suggested' is, in all senses, the wrong word here).