...

3.8.11

aftermath

2011 mid-year CTs. I feel kinda bad in both directions, knowing that there are people who paid attention during every lecture, didn't watch YouTube videos during tutorials, mugged for days, did their TYS's with fervour, and still did badly in their Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics papers. The fact is, I hardly worked.

Final grade tally: 1A, 2Bs, 2Ds, 1U.

The U, quite obviously, for Chinese. Odd to hear me saying it, but I really need to work on this. My mother intends to send me to a local university, whether I like it or not. Education in overseas universities is apparently too costly, even for her dear daughter for whom she would wish the world(?!) and if there isn't a Chinese D7 under my belt by the end of these two years, it's either a) lousy local college that doesn't even need my D7, or b) university in Malaysia, e.g. the one my aunt went to, which is frankly the only one I've heard of. Neither of which I really want, but seem set on the road to. God, how do I do that. Improve my Chinese.

My D for Chem was painfully disappointing, but that can be put off to the difficulty of the paper. I'll do better next time. D for GP is unforgivable, but sadly inevitable given my track record. The rest, I could not desire better of. B really is enough. Now...to sustain it. Or to aim even higher.

Well, I'd say I've done a good job. I'm doing better now than I did for the entirety of Secondary school, and it's not even difficult. So now...I wonder if there's hope for me. I wonder if I should go for it. If I should try. I don't know if it's worth the effort...