...

22.4.11

first blogpost from the garden

I just discovered that our WIFI reaches the table in the garden.

I can't believe I let them drag me onstage yesterday! I do not regret it one bit, but still--why was it me! I'm pretty sure someone else was worthier. It's nice to know they think highly enough of my piano 'skills' but I must say I think I failed them. I.e. screwed up onstage T.T

Never mind, I think all that matters to me is that they enjoyed it, and that they weren't disappointed, and maybe that I enjoyed it too. It's fun discovering your performance piece ten minutes before performing, whether or not the part you're playing is ridiculously simple (which it was, enough such that I felt the irresistible urge to improvise on top of it--and did). In fact I'm so very glad that it was simple.

It's also fun performing on the same stage as one of the A levels top scorers, and someone I can only assume is legendary to the masses for his music arrangement ability. And someone whom you've only known through Lanqiao's running jokes about his tannedness omggg xD

And it's wonderful hearing a piece of music that has a special place in your heart, being played by one of your best friends. I miss learning duets for exams! Petite Suite (YYYYY) T.T

Ending the day stargazing was only befitting. Even if we didn't even see Sirius. I really needed to bring myself back down from my excited state (lame chem double entendre ftw) from performing impromptu.

Still high (actually no, I'm always Low xD) even though it's Good Friday morning. Ohhh I need to calm down and read some Campbell!