...

14.12.10

the fourth day

Day 4: Seven People Who Inspire You, and Why?


I'll take this question to mean my idols--because if it were about inspiring friends, there'd be no end to this list.


1. Whoever composed the MapleStory OST: No body of music has singlehandedly transformed me the way this has. Every single one of these 200-odd works has shaped me, my art and my life in some way or another. Whoever was responsible, please please please stop hiding in anonymity. I'd list you as my number one idol of all time.


2. Yan Wenqing/yuumei (artist on deviantART): Her pain inspires her art. She might be suffering, but her art is true to herself. And she's utterly talented. To be able to hold on to this even beneath the stress of reality is purely inspiring.


3. Michael Giacchino (composer): His words at the 2010 Oscars, when he won, were what kept my dream of becoming a film score composer alive.


4. J.R.R. Tolkien (author): The master of world-creation. He gives me hope, in the influence that an imaginary place, an imaginary story, can have upon events in the real world. Never before has creation made so much sense to me.


5. Adam Young/Owl City (singer/songwriter): Who doesn't love his story? He makes me believe, both through his story and his songs, that the possibilities are limitless within creativity.


6. Grace Guo: The only person here who is remotely likely to read this. Her works have taught me how to bring colours and tastes and music into my writing.


7. Kal Ancalas (author on FanFiction.net): He was my idol back in the days when I was starting in the MapleStory archive. He made me realise that I wanted to write sad stories. I'm glad I did that, instead of going the generic-kid-on-adventure-with-prophecy-to-save-the-world way.