...

26.12.10

the fifth day

Day 5: Six of Your Favorite Books


Sorry, I forgot about this after my long holiday.
Oh, yes.


1. Flora's Dare. And its prequel. The history, the politics, the locations, the sheer imagery, the colours, the twists, the themes, the echoes, the makeup, the clothes designs, the characters. Oh, the characters. I could read this all day (I actually did).


2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Together with its two fellows: half the epic in the world packed into less than a kilogram.


3. The Hunger Games. Again with its two fellows: I finished all 1,200 pages in two days. 48 hours. That's how much it captured me. The politics, the pain, the reality of it all. The fire and the songs. If anything, this captured me deeper than any other book I've ever read. Whether or not it's my favourite.


4. Time Ghost. A memory full of tears. Circling time. Paradoxes and dodging them. The birds that have returned. It was been my favourite book for a good three years (until I read the above three this year).


5. Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code. Because Eoin Colfer knows how to tangle an immensely complex chessmaster contest plot up to the point of despairing the reader--and then proceed to straighten it perfectly out by the end. This installment was particularly divinely ingenious.


6. The Castle of Dark. I've read it three times through, which makes it my third most-read book. The images and strong theme of dark and light and the blurring in between was just...just amazing.