...

16.6.13

on my appearance

I think most people who know anything about me would know I don't care how I look. Or rather, I make a conscious choice not to care. A sidetrack: I think this has to do with the fact that I have always hated everything associated with "girliness". Obviously that included caring about my appearance. Alongside dresses, gossip, expressing interest in males, cookery, needlework, female-targeted fiction, and a whole lot of other things. All the habits stuck fast.

But anyway, I'm just thinking about it because I've received lots of comments on my appearance that are in conflict with each other. Some people think I'm one of the ugliest girls they've ever seen, others say I am "kind of" pretty (and I suppose this has something to do with the fact that I'm always a mess and have done nothing throughout my life to help how I look). For someone who doesn't actively investigate what others think of my appearance, this is faintly confusing. Oh well.