...

5.1.13

I choose this?

Ok then, I guess that seals it, I'll just be antisocial because I might be happier that way.

I love to share the things I know and think with others--but then as I've realised, that is all I like to do. Share the things I know. When I talk, I want to talk about something that entertains me, that I can add to. It annoys me when conversation turns to something I can't care less about or know next to nothing about, something I cannot contribute to.

It might be my fear of looking like the idiot of the group, standing there without a word to say. It might be that I don't like being left out. It might be that I'm bored but I'm faced with the pressure of the dilemma between cruelly forcing the conversation in another direction--and coming across as self-centred--or leaving them to go on, and myself pretending to care.

In any case, yes, I dislike being seen as introverted, but I could tell others that conversation makes me angry. Sure, let them think I'm a jerk, an asshole, but as long as I don't have to suffer through being locked out of conversations I have already joined it's worth it.

Again I'm sorry for all this venting. I find myself calm and satisfied at the end of each post. It works in a way no private diary can.