...

29.1.13

Gagghaghghgahh (fangirl incoherence)

Just picked up Ouran High School Host Club yesterday, and damnnn has it been a ride. As you can see it is two-something. I was watching till half an hour ago. I now have 9/26 episodes to go. Never before has any anime drawn such obsessive watchig from me! I swear!

Goodness, have I mentioned how I love stories of rich people set in opulent environments? And just--the LEADS. Aaagahhghgghh they are both such appealing characters...so much fun to watch...and I really couldn't help but root for them the instant the right clues were dropped (which were pretty blatant and which appeared within the first episode already).

It's QUITE a change after watching so many male-oriented "harem"-containing anime in a row (CLANNAD, Asura Cryin', Haruhi), though I wouldn't say I prefer one over the other. For one, the male-oriented fanservice there became female-oriented fanservice here. Not to mention the...very obvious shift in gender ratios.

Only issue now being that, as I just discovered, the anime aired when the manga series (original) hadn't ceased publication yet. In fact it went on for a whole four years after publication. So now there's an 80% chance that the writers didn't give it a filler ending and that it will essentially NOT END

T_T

I WILL ATTACK THE MANGA THEN. But probably not till after OTDOTS (whose last chapter now stands at about 40,000 words and of which about one quarter remains to be written).

(P.S. HARUHI X TAMAKI. I haven't shipped anything so hard for...EVER. It has ALL MY FEELS)