...

27.4.13

Another dream, this one about learning superpowers

Last night I dreamt of being in a nice chain of open-air rooms looking like a modern condominium unit with lots more balconies and bridges. There was a strange convenience store-cum-trinket shop right at the middle of the chain of rooms and a balcony-corridor that went around the back overlooking some sort of forested area, just like the space beyond our backyard--except it was elevated relative to the forest.

There were deer and tigers about on the grounds, and a nearby park like Kent Ridge Park where I live, but down a hill instead of up.

Apparently my schoolmates and I were there to LEARN SUPERPOWERS. There was this catalogue at the convenience store with a list of tiered powers (e.g. tier one would be "heat", tier two became "fire" etc) and below each, the number of points you had to spend to gain each. So apparently I was in a game. Most of the tier one things cost 300 points and I recall from a previous dream that I have around 5000 (earned via some means I do not remember).

I spent half the time contemplating which to take--and the other half searching for flight-related powers because I was aware that I was in a dream and I really wanted to fly in-dream. Unfortunately flight was tier two and I'd have to gain high-speed/propulsion (whatever that is) before spending another 700 points to upgrade.

And I woke up before I could try it...bluh.

There was also a separate story arc relating to the tigers in the forest and relocating the deer before they were hunted down. That's when I went down the hill into the park (the place where the deer intended to move). There was also some kind of radio system thing and I think I had a "partner in training" who was male and wore glasses and we were working together on this quest. Apparently the other end of the condominium-room-system thing extended into a lake and I went there at twilight when the reflections on the surface were picturesque purple.

I blame a combination of Railgun, Homestuck, Revolving Door and Miyazaki.