...

11.8.12

well maybe I overthink

I will do it because I need to, not because you tell me I must and because it's conventional and customary and respectful.

What use is custom unless custom is based on necessity? What use are traditions, besides the psychological grounding one might gain from anchoring one's life routines to a preset system? The ones who came up with this system--their possessiveness died with their neural impulses, so don't go serving their vengeful ghosts or the habits they ingrained in you.

I don't long your structure and I don't need it, so stop telling me traditions are meant to be kept and that systems must run without modification.

Respect, I understand. Respect is the bribe for benefit. I bow to you now because you are my ruler and you have every right of mine upon your fingertips, easily confiscated at the slightest inkling of disagreement with your system. But if my acts serve nothing but your rule and your preference then this is tyranny, and you can be quite certain it will do nothing for the love you crave in return from me.