...

26.11.11

unbound

Last week, I came home via plane, alone, for the first time in my life.

Alone in that airport, walking through customs. Alone at the gate. Alone occupying myself for that hour on-flight. I was listening to a huge, rowdy family making a ruckus on the plane. That's how we look like to the rest, I can see now.

I came home to an empty house; no one but my grandmother was waiting for me. For five days I lived without any parental or sisterly interference.

I absolutely enjoyed it.

Being able to move about, set my budget, find my own food and distribute my time without anyone caging me in with rules and schedules felt amazing.

I'll probably enjoy life alone. Or life in the future. Only issue is, I hope I don't spend as much time watching anime as I did during the time they were gone.