...

16.10.11

the ninth day

Overdue, again.


Day 9: Two Movies You Absolutely Love


1. Spirited Away, directed by Hayao Miyazaki. Ohhhh......how to begin. Let's just say that I adore stories that are complete without being resolved. It's strength is in the poetic story, of vastness that transcends the individual, the utterly absorbing atmosphere, and scenery (it almost seems to project itself into real life!). The power of the imagination behind it. Absolutely adore Miyazaki's work, this most of all.

2. 5 Centimeters Per Second. I'm so in love with this movie; I find myself thinking about it while walking down streets and watching the sun set, even months after watching it. It changed my life, quite literally. Again, it's so scenic it's almost heartbreaking. The storyline is so real. Told with such unfailingly passionate idealism, in a cold world made to crush out all hope of that kind.