...

31.8.10

teacher's day in a nutshell

OTDOTS Chapter 10: 15,648 words and about two-thirds done. The main word document got so huge that it started hanging up whenever I saved, so I started splitting the thing.

Today, Teachers' Day. Much enjoyment there! In a very brief summary:

Guy and I skipped ACES day by acting as diarrhoea victim and helpful victim, upon concluding which we proceeded to the amphitheatre for a performance in which artgym was awesome, Caucasian male Biology teachers cross-dressed, Ms. Tay was baaad, and I burst my diarrhoea-ridden guts laughing. Then came class party, in which I successfully delivered all eight of my cards, seven in person, during which I discovered that in fact it is true, though expected, that most men prefer breakfast bars to bead flowers--after which we sang our hearts out and I burst my guts again, eating this time, then broke my knees having class photos taken, though the pain was quickly remedied by seeing Mrs. Teo's and Mr. Yeoh's children.


Went home with Guy once again, and we had a good read at the library about Alice in Wonderland. I also managed to find the sequel of Flora Segunda!! It's a series by Ysabeau S. Wilce that I just started reading this Friday. That's four days ago, and I've already got the sequel. YES.  I don't think I've ever caught on to a book so fast before, and that's just how perfectly wonderfully perfect it is. The world created inside was so vivid, so pretty and so exotic. And the guys have long hair. LONG HAIR. YES.

Alright, so I wasn't happy about the lack of romance, but that can't really stand in the way of enjoyment of a good book. It would have been Flora x Valefor if I had had my way, but NO, she ended up hating him for doing what he did, and locking him back where he came from.

Never mind though; there's a sequel, and maybe that'll change things.

Thanks to this book, I also picked up Lapis Lazuli, which I abandoned about a year back, because I thought the story was going to fall flat. I'm glad I waited, though; it's surprising how much my writing has changed (and I suppose improved) in less than a year. It currently sits before me at its 117th page.

In other unrelated news, Cobalt appeases. Rubidium deals with candle-stand-fetishists. Ketara/Potassium surf in floral print boxers. Cobalt and Inspector Javert have hat wars. Memes are fun, very fun.