...

4.11.08

Lala Last day of school

Location: Desktop in 210'08 classroom
Mood: Sweaty

Whee. Today is officially the last day of school at RGS! I'm currently in school, waiting for my mother to come at 4.30 pm. Currently listening to La Mer: Jeux de Vagues by Claude Debussy, the greatest composing genius in the history of mankind (that I know of).

This is the greatest orchestral piece I have ever heard before. First heard it at the LA Philharmonic with Sarah Chang concert. Hearing it in a concert hall is very different from hearing it on a lousy computer speaker, but the piece is just as amazing. Debussy FTW! (Now that sounded funny. And weird.)

Can you believe it? Last day of school!!! That means:

a) I can play MapleStory
b) No more for two whole months
c) I can catch almost all the episodes of Avatar with no problems
d) All of the above

The answer is d), silly!

Hm. Now I wonder how my subject combination will work out. Will I have familiar classmates? I'm doing Physics+Chemistry+History+Literature. Anyone else doing that? Oh well.

Now about my results. Once again, I got only one GPA 4, and that is MEP. I got 76% for the first semester and 88% for the second semester, which brought my score to 84% overall. Remember the MEP practical I was complaining about some time ago? I SCORED 48/50. That's 96%, if you still don't get the picture. I'M SO HAPPY! Debussy just got higher on my favourite composers list. And he's not supposed to, because he's already number 1.

As for the rest:

English: 71% (CURSE THOSE COMPRES and the lack of Compos)
Chinese: 60% (WHOOOOO No fail!!!)
Mathematics: 62% (40% for Semester 1 and 75% for Semester 2; saved myself!)
Geography: 75% (Improvement!)
History: 76% (Improvement too!)
Literature: 69% (Oops, missed GPA 3.6 by 1%)
Science: 73% (Integrated science is screwed, and we had a lousy teacher)
MEP: 84% (Haven't I said this already?)
Japanese: 74% (Oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah)


(To all you non-RGS people reading this, just for your info, RGS papers are killers. So before you gloat about your high 90% in Math to me, note that these papers are extremely hard. Also note that you probably slept less than I did in class, which is because I stay up very late at night very often to draw, while you probably don't. As a result, you absorbed more than I did during your lessons this year.)

Anyway...I am going for a concert on 10th November! It's by the choirs of a few schools (excluding RGS) and one of my FanFiction.net friends is performing there. That's how I got to know about it, anyway.

La Mer: Dialogue du Vent et de la Mer now. Really. I don't even know if it's possible to compose like that. Well, but it is, seeing that it has been done. La Mer is pure genius.

You know my story, Of the Dragon, of the Stars? It's currently 91 Microsoft Word pages/50k words long. And it's still at the fourth chapter. That's the thing about fan fiction. Each chapter is ultra-long.

Ah well, I've run out of things to say. Bye.