...

2.6.11

And I shall not regret what was never meant to be. I shall not long for what will never return.

The right way was never the way I expected it to be.

This is how it was always meant to be, from the very start.Not the shallow infatuation I thought it was meant to be till now. It's a deep and certain friendship, not unlike the one I share with my best friend--one that eventually grows to be more and become precious. It's time for me to wait, and take things slow. Build the friendship up from the bottom. Spend the time on it that I would have spent on my other friends'. I'm getting used to knowing that love is not about your heart thumping and his smile making you shiver. I'm getting used to knowing that love is need without glamour, not that titillating want. I'm getting used to the fact that I will no longer feel a thrill at the sight of his face, or that I will not shy away from him when he turns to me. It's like a stab from a cold knife, every time I remember the extraterrestrial joy of that period of time. But that is not love. And that is not the reason I longed for the relationship.